The History of the
The history of the Berghotel Franzenshöhe on the Stelvio Pass is unmistakably related to the history of Stelvio road, built from 1820 to 1825 under the direction of Carlo Donegani.
At that time, the place on which the Franzenshöhe stands was known as the "Bödele" and served for the construction company Del Bosco as a storage place for the wood.
Johann Josef Wallnöfer, Karin's great-great-grandfather, set up business the Franzenshöhe in 1871 so that guests can be entertained. After his death in 1881 his wife Amalia Wallnöfer, postmaster from Prad and mother of 5 children, concluded a 10-year lease with the K.K. Straßenärar for the Franzenshöhe from. An exciting time begins for the family ...